Asterisk creates a PBX that rivals the features and functionality of traditional telephony switches. Asterisk is cost-effective, low-maintenance, and flexible enough to handle all voice and data networking.
With Asterisk software, Telephony hardware, and a common PC, anyone can replace an existing switch or complement a PBX by adding VoiceOverIP, voicemail, conferencing, and many other capabilities. Asterisk integrates with analog phones and most standards-based IP telephone handsets and software.
Asterisk greatly reduces the cost of traditional telecommunication technology and operation, and moves voice over IP, VoIP, to the mainstream. Asterisk integrates a pre-existing analog telephone network with the benefits of IP technology, greatly reducing costs.
Computer or Server
- Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Pentium 500MHz or above with at least 128MB RAM
- Broadband Internet Connection (for external VoIP lines).
- FXO Board ( X100P & X101P and Clones)
- TAPI based Board or Voice Modem
- ISDN Board compatible CAPI 2.0
- ISDN Router with Remote CAPI support
- VOIP Providers (SIP & IAX & H323).